Monday, October 17, 2022

Review: I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, by Harlan Ellison, 1967

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream by Harlan Ellison
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, by Harlan Ellison, 1967

First published in 1967 and won a Hugo Award in 1968,  "I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream" is a post-apocalyptic science fiction horror story. A mad maniacal supercomputer AI has a hand in being a cruel, relentless, misanthropic god. 

The story follows a group of five people, the last survivors of an apocalypse brought on by a sadistic and god-like AI. The survivors are tortured repeatedly in ever-increasing cruel ways over the years while they struggle and look for ways to escape.

Short, diabolically creative, and hopelessly horrific, I rate this story 4.5 out of 5 stars.

The following is a link if you would like to read this short story:

https://wjccschools.org/wp-content/uploads/sites/2/2016/01/I-Have-No-Mouth-But-I-Must-Scream-by-Harlan-Ellison.pdf

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment