Sunday, March 1, 2015

Death Lord: A God in the Machine Novel by Larkin Magnus, 2014

Death Lord: A God in the Machine Novel by Larkin Magnus, 2014

The book came with a high recommendation from a friend who knows my taste fairly well so I figured I would enjoy this book. Boy was I wrong. I'm not sure it was a case of my expectations being so high as a result of the recommendation or if was just bad. But it just goes to show that what one read can be great for one person but unexpectedly terrible for another.

The Death Lords, a space military squad of genetically engineered soldiers with technological enhancements and psychic powers, space salvage mission unfolds in five parts and suddenly ends.

The book came across to me a bit space operatic, with definite stripes of military sci-fi, blended with a lot of fantasy.

Between the minimal dialogue among characters and the wordiness in minutiae as a tool for world-building, I found I couldn't care less about the characters and the story simply slow.

My rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 out of 5 stars) - I did not like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment