Saturday, February 28, 2015

Paper Towns by John Green, 2009

Paper Towns by John Green, 2009

Who is the real Margo? Well, that would be Alaska!

I decided to pick up and read this book before the soon-to-be-released movie version is out in the theaters. With all the attention John Green books have been receiving lately, I figured now might be a good time to get caught-up with his books; not to mention being able to talk about Paper Towns to others without having to sit through the movie.

It's yet another story about an unbelievable teenager secretly loving another unbelievable teenager.  I found a lot of things absurd that I simply had to consider amusing otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get through the book.

In a nutshell, Quentin falls in love with Margo. She disappears. He takes a road trip, guided by "clues", to find her . He finds her in a "paper town". He goes home.

Personally, this book might as well be Looking for Alaska, John Green's earlier prize winning book.  Paper Towns just isn't as interesting as Looking for Alaska.

My rating: ★★☆☆☆ (2 out of 5 stars) - It was ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment