Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Review: This Is How You Lose the Time War

This Is How You Lose the Time War This Is How You Lose the Time War by Amal El-Mohtar
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

This Is How You Lose the Time War, by Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone, 2019

I really wanted to like this story. The book has received so much praise from various sources, and I can understand why. The heavy use of poetic prose and lengthy indirect expositions to tell the story was just too much for me to hold my attention-- fighting off sleep had never been so hard.  

However, if you are the type who relishes in word crafting and do not mind a thin plot couched in heavy descriptive pulchritudinous prose, you will probably find joy in reading every syllable palavered.

I would describe this book as "soft science fiction" accessible to Young Adult (YA) readers-- I probably attribute that to the epistolary format of the book reminding me of teenagers' diaries.

I rate this book 1.25 stars out of 5 stars.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment