Friday, February 6, 2015

Fifty Shades of Grey (Fifty Shades #1)

by  

At this point, especially with the movie adaptation releasing in 7 days, it seems like anyone with an ounce of curiosity about this book, has picked up and read it.

If you haven't yet, I guess you probably never will -- either because you feel like James' amateur writing will make you want to gouge your eyes out or you're simply rebelling against the pop cultural tide.

A lot has been blogged about this novel, and there's no reason you should be left out of copious, inevitable, and surely heated conversations about the books.

So here are some of the things, I find, either memorable, funny, interesting or dumb:

- I found the BDSM scenes very basic. I suppose that is the point as this book was probably intended to expose "soccer moms" to BDSM culture.

- A lot of time was spent in discussing the BDSM rules of play and safety, rather than the act themselves.

- "Oh my", "Inner Goddess", and did I say "Oh my", where so overused and was just cheesy.

- "Christian Grey-flavored popsicle". I don't think I need to explain that one.

- They don't have sex until chapter 8.

- Christian's mystical tie; now only if he used that to shut Ana up.

My rating: ★★☆☆☆ (2 out of 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment