Wednesday, May 2, 2012

“The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy #3)” by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan


“The Night Eternal (The Strain Trilogy #3)” by Guillermo del Toro & Chuck Hogan

After a mass extermination of humans by the Master vampire, the future of humankind are the hands of Dr. Eph Goodweather and Dr. Nora Martinez; whose job is to overturn the vampiric world order.

I had to take a break from reading this book about 33% in; telling myself, "I will come back to it because it will get better."

A month later, after picking it up and reading 3 or so chapters, I was in tears from boredom of the book; and "misplaced" the book. Somehow a month later, this book miraculously showed up. I started reading with a renewed hope that it would be turn out great real fast. Wrong! I got 80% percent of the way through and just had enough.

I am abandoning this book; incredibly dull, monotonous, and a seeming rehash of a brokedown “Blade.” Yes, “Blade”, but rather than kicking ass, Eph, the main character, just flees and hides. While I am not one for book burning...

My rating: ★☆☆☆☆ (1 out of 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment