Thursday, May 10, 2012

“Foundation” (Foundation, Book 3) by Isaac Asimov (1951)


“Foundation” (Foundation, Book 3) by Isaac Asimov (1951)

Originally published as 5 short stories, was interwoven to form a single plot and published as a book. It tells the story of a group of scientists preserving knowledge in a Galactic Encyclopedia as civilizations around them regress and break down.

Though considered to be one of the great masterworks of science fiction, I found it boring. I was disappointed to find remarkably little mention of “Hari Seldon”- an expectation probably set by reading the preceding 2 novels. This novel, feels disconnected, and I couldn’t care less about the characters. With technology, not in the foreground and socio-political machinations as the driving device, I was deathly bored. Snooze.

My rating: ★★☆☆☆ (2 out of 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment