Sunday, May 6, 2012

“Behind the Palace Doors: Five Centuries of Sex, Adventure, Vice, Treachery, and Folly from Royal Britain” by Michael, 2011

“Behind the Palace Doors: Five Centuries of Sex, Adventure, Vice, Treachery, and Folly from Royal Britain” by Michael, 2011

500 years of Royal British scandal, secret lives, sex stories, treacherous children, and “not-so-great” moments is revealed in this book; featuring: from horny Henry VIII to reserved Elizabeth II, form Tudors to Windsors, just to name a few.

I found the book to be entertaining when I first picked it up. As the chapters wore on, I quickly realized the sordid scandals and sex stories were all pretty much variations of each other, just with different Britons. By the time I reached the end, I couldn’t care less about which royal was seduced, tricked, or assassinated.

My rating: ★★☆☆☆ (2 out of 5 stars)

No comments:

Post a Comment