Tuesday, November 8, 2022

Review: Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke by Eric LaRocca, 2021

Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke by Eric LaRocca
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Things Have Gotten Worse Since We Last Spoke, by Eric LaRocca, 2021

Agnes and Zoe develop a relationship over the internet circa the 2000s. The story is told in a series of emails and chatroom messages. What starts as a wholesome exchange of negotiations for an antique apple peeler between two women becomes a story about obsession, loneliness, sadomasochism, control, and delicious body horror.

I was gripped from page one by this uniquely bizarre love story. Though at times I was giddy with the squeamishness I knew was coming, I still squealed with guilty pleasure as the author unfolded gory details. The level of absurdity was just right enough for me to stomach the depraved activities.

I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars.

#ThingsHaveGottenWorseSinceWeLastSpoke #EricLaRocca #BizarroFiction #LGBTQIA #Horror #HorrorLit

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment