Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Review: Book Lovers by Emily Henry, 2022

Book Lovers Book Lovers by Emily Henry
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Book Lovers by Emily Henry, 2022

I trite retread of any one of Nora Ephron's rom-com novels turned movie starring Meg Ryan. Some may consider Book Lovers a fresh coat of makeup for all the tropes found here and updated for the times. It was a guilty read for me at first, but by the time I was halfway through and half invested in the characters, I was reading faster to get it over with and done.

In Book Lovers, Nora Stephens (I'm sure this is a nod to Nora Ephron) is an intelligent workaholic literary agent living in New York. Dragged into a monthlong trip to the picturesque small town in North Carolina by her younger sister (ulterior motives and all), Nora runs into her professional arch nemesis, Charlie. I don't think I have to say much else, but yes, Nora and Charlie get it on more than once, lurid details and all.

I rate this book 2 out of 5 stars.

#HateRead #RomCom #EmilyHenry #NotMegRyan #NotNoraEphron

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment