Thursday, July 21, 2022

Review: Exhalation

Exhalation Exhalation by Ted Chiang
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

"Stories of Your Life" and "Exhalation" by Ted Chiang.
Both books contain a collection of short stories. I read them back to back unintentionally and found almost every other story enjoyable-- only a couple I disliked.
I was very surprised to find one of the short stories to be the basis of the Luc Besson’s (sp?) movie Lucy. The movie was good, but the short story filled in some blanks and made much more sense.
The movie Arrival was also based on one of the short stories. The movie adaptation was fantastic when compared to the source material. The movie filled-in the strokes of the book’s plot that made events and characters more relatable to viewers of the movie adaptation.
Now if I could just take half the stories from one book and half from the other book and make two piles with one with all the good stories and the other lackluster ones, then.. well.. then I would've only bought one book. 😭😂🤣

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment