Thursday, May 5, 2022

Review: The Tenant, by Katrine Engberg, 2016

The Tenant The Tenant by Katrine Engberg
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The Tenant, by Katrine Engberg, 2016


The Tenant is a Nordic-noir fiction-crime novel that blends suspenseful drama with Danish police procedural. Copenhagen police detectives Jeppe Korner and Anette Werner are assigned to solve the brutal murder of a young woman whose face is carved with intricate patterns.


The novel started strong and interesting until about halfway when several new characters were introduced, and I couldn't follow what was going on. Part of it, I think, was the names were foreign, and I had a hard time tracking them along with their associated plotlines. Before I knew it, I was at the end of the book, and I had no clue how the bad guy was caught. I realize there were a couple of twists that were supposed to be dark and biting, but I can hardly agree they are as such and think of them more used for shock value or as red herrings.


I rate the book 2.5 out 5 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment