Friday, April 1, 2022

Review: Taste: My Life Through Food, by Stanley Tucci, 2021

Taste: My Life through Food Taste: My Life through Food by Stanley Tucci
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Taste: My Life Through Food, by Stanley Tucci, 2021

Witty, charming, and relatable-- all things I did not expect to find from a celebrity memoir. The book is as delicious as the dishes described within the chapters of Stanley Tucci's life. And if that is not enough, you also get recipes for good measure.

Here are a few things I learned while listening to this audiobook. Mr. Tucci is a witty writer as he is on television. He will always offer you a drink whenever you are invited over. He is close friends with Ryan Reynolds. His writing style is such that it engenders the sense that you know him and are in his presence. And importantly, Martini isn't shaken nor stirred as Fleming would have you believe.


There are many witticisms I can quote, but my favorite is the one about Fettucine Alfredo, as I have a penchant for them.   "Over the years, in many restaurants, the sublimely simple combination of butter and cheese [in fettuccine Alfredo] has been altered to satisfy American palates. Cream has crept its way in (unnecessary), as well as chicken (yuck), broccoli (why?), and turkey (really? Fuck off.)"

If you are looking for something light, fun, and ready for a chortle here and there, then this audiobook might be for you.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment