Tuesday, January 14, 2020

"Tinaca Jones", by Matt Boren 2020


I think what I did appreciate were some of the geographic references like the Grove and SAG as I do work across the street from one and live across from the other.  And admittedly, I get some of the nonsense (though most in the book are a stretch from reality), but I attribute that to being employed at one of the Guilds (not SAG).

Tinaca Jones by Matt BorenI'm sure this audiobook will resonate with someone, just not me.  Overall mildly entertaining with a few chuckle out loud moments for me, along with a couple of eye-rolls accompanied with groans.


In the end, the plot was thin and so heavily doused with pop culture references, paparazzi stories, designer labels, and caricatures of characters that I've often wondered why I even bothered.  It was free from Audible--that's why.

So I gave it 1.75 stars.

PS: Maybe this was pilot script that couldn't work as a book unless it was re-worked to be an audible.

No comments:

Post a Comment